I saw a similar recipe in the freebie Marks and Spencer Food app on the Ipad a few weeks ago and decided to jazz it up a bit, it’s since been made regularly and has become a firm favourite.
- 2 large courgettes
- 250g lamb mince
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Black pepper
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, sliced.
- 8 cherry tomatoes or small san marzano tomatoes, chopped
- 10g grated parmesan
- 20g bread crumbs
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the courgettes in half length ways, scoop out the centre…you can use this for fritters or throw it away.
- brush the outside of the courgette with olive oil and place skin side down on a baking tray.
- Season the courgettes with salt and pepper, plus the chilli flakes, bake in the oven for 15-20mins until soft.
- While the courgettes are cooking, head some oil in a frying pan, fry the onion until soft then add the garlic, cinnamon, oregano, tarragon, cayenne. Fry for 30 seconds
- Add the mince and cook until brown
- Stir in the tomatoes, mint and parseley, season with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Spoon the mince into the courgettes, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together then sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins until the breadcrumbs are nice and crispy.
- Serve with a nice big green salad.