These are really simple but really tasty, you can easily modify them by adding some lime zest or using sweet chilli sauce instead of beaten egg, I’ve even done a version with toasted coconut flakes and fresh chilli. I also did a version of these with added chilli and breadcrumbs in the batter for extra crunch
- 1 packet of raw, peeled, king prawns
- Panko Breadcrumbs (Morrisons now sell them in nice big bags)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes.
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- De vein your prawns if needed.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the coconut and chilli.
- Dip the prawns in the flour, followed by the egg then the breadcrubs, repeat if the breadcrumbs don’t stick so well.
- Deep fry until crips and golden.