Chilli Chicken Kiev
This is a bit of a combination of recipes I found on the internet but with that added chilli twist.
It’s not too difficult to make but does require a couple of hours in the freezer just to make the final few steps a bit easier.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 40g butter, softened.
- 1 chilli of your choice, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (can use more if you like.
- lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs,
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Plain flour
- Oil for deep frying.
- Salt and black pepper
- White pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Mash your butter, garlic, herbs and fresh chilli, add the lemon zest and juice, season with a good pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper, split into two, place on some cling film and roll into two thin sausages. Place in the fridge while you prepare the chicken.
- To prepare the chicken, carefully butterfly the chicken breasts using a sharp knife. Place them under some cling film then gently bash out with a rolling pin so they are nice and flat and even. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a sausage of butter in each chicken breast and roll up, folding the edges in as you go. Wrap tightly in cling film to form a nice smooth shape. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Put the flour in one bowl, beaten eggs in another and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl, Season the flour and breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Add the chilli powder and a pinch of white pepper to the breadcrumbs.
- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the cling film, roll in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb, followed by the egg again and then the breadcrumb for a second time.
- Heat your fryer to 170 degrees, fry the chicken for 7 minutes. Drain then place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for another 7 minutes. You may need to adjust the times depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Serve with sweet potato fries and a big green salad