Baked vegetable and chilli frittata
This is a slightly slimmed down and adapted version of my picante tortilla recipe that i blogged about here, but without the meat and being baked instead of fried.
I worked out it contains about 360 calories per half a loaf, I served it with a nice big salad and was completely stuffed by the end, I think next time i’d maybe only eat 1/4 of it but it was just so delicious we ate the lot between us. It would also be really tasty cold on a picnic or in your lunch box the next day.
Afterwards I thought it might work well with some sweetcorn in and maybe some sun dried tomatoes so I’ll try that next time.
I also cooked mine in a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper, if you haven’t got a loaf tin use an oven proof dish or bowl.
Serves 2/3/4 depending on how hungry you are.
- 6 large, fresh, free range eggs.
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- Handful of peas
- 2 large chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 courgette, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g feta cheese, broken up into chunks
- 16g Parmesan, grated
- zest of a lemon
- 1 green chilli, de seeded and finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees c
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the peppers for 2 minutes, add the mushrooms and courgettes, fry for another 2, add the chilli and spring onions and peas and fry for another minute.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, tip in the vegetables.
- Gently beat the eggs in a bowl, add the Parmesan, chopped parsley, lemon zest, season with a little salt and lots of black pepper, mix well.
- Tip the egg’s over the vegetables
- Sprinkle the feta and dried oregano over the eggs.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 mins, until the eggs have cooked through and are no longer runny in the middle, leave to cool for 5 minutes then tuck in.