Spicy 300 Calorie Pasta
This is one of my favourite pasta dishes, its packed full of flavour and comes in at under 300 calories for a huge bowl that will keep you full for ages. If you don’t want to griddle the vegetables you can fry them but I really think griddling them adds something extra.
I used purple basil when making this last time and it added a really funky colour to the pasta.
If you want to add a bit of meat (and a few extra calories) it works really well with thick cut smoked bacon, spicy sausages, chicken and even thin strips of rare steak.
- 80g of dried pasta
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 small courgette
- 4 medium chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g carton chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- Small handful of basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- Tabasco Sauce.
- Few slices of pickled Jalapeño
- Cut all your vegetables into chunks, place into a bowl and add the olive oil,
- Heat your griddle pan up so its nice and hot then place your vegetables (apart from the Jalapeño) on, turn frequently so they don’t char too much.
- Place your pasta in a pan of salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta in a sieve and set aside.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the empty pan, warm through for 2 minutes, add as much Tabasco as you can handle along with the oregano, basil and paprika.
- Tip the pasta and the vegetables into the tomato, stir well.
- Taste and season.
- Serve topped with Parmesan, Jalapeño slices and black pepper.