Picante Tortilla Recipe
I’ve been meaning to have a crack at a Spanish omelette or Tortilla for ages and finally got round to it tonight.
All the quantities are kind of estimates as I just used what I had to hand, It was great warm but even better cold.
- 1 white onion, sliced
- handful of new potatoes
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 picante chorizo, diced,
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- handful grated mature cheddar
- handful of grated parmesan
- 2tsp oregano
- knob of butter
- 5 button mushrooms (or a few more if you like), sliced
- 6 large fresh free range eggs, beaten
- Boil the new potatoes in water until soft, leave to cool, then roughly chop.
- Heat a large frying pan, add the chorizo until crispy, if lots of fat comes out you may want to drain it now.
- Add the potatoes and a knob of butter, fry until the potatoes are crispy round the edge.
- Add the onion, pepper, mushroom, chilli and herbs, fry until the veg is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the beaten eggs, making sure it spreads evenly throughout the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until it starts to stiffen up
- Top with the cheese and place under the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with Salad.