Spicy Onion Rings
In the third and penultimate recipe in the run up to my ultimate chilli burger recipe, I give you the perfect crunch to accompany the soft, sticky sweet chimichrri peppers and the spicy sweetcorn relish recipe.
This should serve 2 or 3 people but it’s easy to make for more.
- 1 nice big red onion
- 2 tbsp plain flor
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Oil for frying
- Slice your onions into nice thick rings
- Place the onions in a dish, and cover with milk, leave for 30mins or so, this helps remove the bitterness and moistens the onion
- Place the flour and all of the spices in a bowl, season and mix well.
- Drain the onions and toss in the flour, making sure all of the onions are well coated in the mix.
- Heat your oil or deep fat fryer to 180 Degrees C
- Carefully drop the onion rings into the oil and fry until crisp and golden.
- Place on some kitchen paper and then serve.