Cheesy Chilli Potato Croquettes
I needed a way to use the potato I had left over from my crispy chilli potato skins so I decided to make some croquettes but with my chilli up north twist. I used chilli jam from Lewis and Cooper but you could use any chilli sauce, jam or chutney.
I deep fried them but if you don’t have one you could use some oil in a pan or bake them.
- Left over potato, about 400g
- Breadcrumbs, preferably Panko
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp chilli jam
- handful of mature cheddar, grated
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Mash your potato, I used my potato ricer so it got it nice and fine
- Add the cheese and chilli jam, season with salt and lots of pepper. Mix well.
- Shape the potato into tubes, about the size of a cork.
- Roll each tube in the flour, then dip in the egg before rolling in the breadcrumbs
- Heat your oil to 180 degrees c
- Fry each tube until nice and crispy
- Drain on kitchen paper then serve with your choice of dip.