Spicy Chilli Slaw Recipe
I first made this slaw to go with my BBQ pulled pork, since then i’ve made it a few times and keep tweaking it but this is where the recipe currently stands.
The beauty of it is you can mix it up, add new flavours like cheese, use different chillis or use different vegetables, red cabbage works really well as do freshly picked raw mangetout.
- 1/4 small white cabbage
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 3 tbsp low fat creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
- 1tsp mustard powder.
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 small red onion
- Finely slice the cabbage and place in a large bowl.
- Finely slice the onion and place into the bowl
- Peel the carrot and then finely grate into the bowl.
- De seed the chillis then finely slice, add to the bowl
- Sprinkle the mustard powder over the vegetables.
- Add the creme fraiche, vinegar and mayo, mix well.
- Taste then season with salt and pepper, you can always add more of the ingredients to beef it up.