Chilli, Pepper and Chorizo Soup
This is a spicy and flavour packed soup that will warm you up in the worst of weathers. You can leave out the chorizo if you are a vegetarian and just add a bit more paprika and garlic.
If you want to add a bit of extra smokiness to the soup you might want to char-grill or oven roast your peppers first instead of frying them[singlepic id=450 w=200 float=right].
All the peppers, chillis and onions were home grown so it works out really cheap.
- Chorizo – about half a sausage – or as much/little as you like
- 2 or 3 red peppers (more if you are using the sweet pointy ones)
- 400ml Vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 Hot Chillis or some chilli flakes
- 1 Red Onion (or 3 smaller ones)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Chop the chorizo into small pieces
- Chop the onion, peppers and chilli’s keeping a few bits of pepper for decoration.
- Dry fry the chorizo – you don’t need to add oil as the chorizo is oily enough, remove the chorizo from the pan and place on some kitchen paper
- Fry the onion, peppers and the chilli in the chroizo oil until soft then add the garlic and paprika and tomatoes, cook for 5-10 mins.
- Add 2/3 of the stock
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and season
- Now you depending on how you like your soup you can either liquidise it all or liquidise half of it, either way liquidise until you have your favoured consistency (adding more stock if necessary)
- Add the chorizo back to the soup.
- Garnish with a couple of pieces of pepper and a sprinkling of chilli flakes, Serve with homemade bread.