Quick Crunchy Enchilada Vegetable Bake
Sometimes you’ve just got to go with what’s in the cupboard and the fridge, a bit like that old TV program Ready, Steady cook.
I found the ingredients below and it was “no meat” night so decided to throw them all together and hope that they turned out as good as my cheat’s chicken burger.
I served it with a huge side salad with light dressing and it worked out pretty well, if you wanted to add some meat it would work well with chicken or pork in it.
- 1 Jar Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
- 1 small head of broccoli broken up into florets
- 1 small head of cauliflower broken up into florets
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 3 Spring onions, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- Black pepper
- 1/2 bag/box of Old El Paso Nachips or your favourite tortilla chips. Crushed up into chunks
- 25g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- Old El Paso Sour cream
- Olive oil
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, season with salt and blanch the broccoli and cauliflower until cooked, drain
- Wipe the pan then quickly fry the peppers, stir in the broccoli and cauliflower then tip over the Enchilada sauce. Mix well and warm through.
- Tip into an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle over the the tortilla chips, followed by the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with salad and a drizzling of sour cream.