Minted Chilli Lamb
This uses a similar blend of spices to the Lamb, feta, chilli and mint parcels I blogged here. Although it’s way simpler.
How long you leave the lamb to marinade is up to you, I left mine for about 12 hours.
- 2 Lamb leg steaks
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce
- veg to serve with
- Griddle pan
- Zip lock back.
- Kitchen foil
- Put the mint sauce and chilli sauce in the zip lock bag along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake and squish until the two sauces are well mixed.
- Place the lamb in the bag, re seal and then squish and mix well, working the sauce into the meat, place in the fridge for as long as you can.
- Remove the lamb about 10-15 minutes before you are going to cook it.
- Heat your griddle pan so its smoking hot
- Place the lamb on the griddle cook until it’s to your liking, Turning and basting with the left over sauce every now and then,I did mine for about 5 mins either side then a few minutes on the skin to crisp it up, as I like mine medium/rare.
- Remove the lamb from the griddle, wrap in foil and rest for 5-10minutes.
- Serve with your choice of veg and drizzle with the resting juices.