Lamb, Sweet Chilli, Mint and feta parcels
This was a bit of an experiment which turned out pretty well so i thought id share the recipe, i’ve not got any pics as i was so hungry i forgot to take some.
You might think the sweet chilli/mint combo is a bit crazy but its honestly really tasty, you could always use left over lamb too or even make little mini pasties with the mixture for parties etc.
I served it with roasties with rosemary and thyme and some veg.
All of the measurements are approximate as i made it up as i went along.
- 3 Lamb leg steaks
- Big handfull of fresh peas (can use frozen too)
- 1 heaped teaspoon oregano
- 1 heaped teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons of mint sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 teaspoons of sweet chilli sauce
- 100g of feta cheese (cut into small cubes or crumbled up)
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees
- Trim the thick fat off the lamb and then cut the lamb into chunks
- Place lamb in a bowl with the mint sauce, herbs and chilli sauce
- Fry the onions in a little butter until soft, then set a side
- Fry the lamb mix for a few minutes until browned, add the onions and remove from the heat, add the peas and feta then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- to create the parcels you need to layer 3 sheets of filo together for each parcel, brushing each layer with some melted butter.
- place half the lamb mix in the centre of each filo stack and then carefully roll or fold it up before brushing each parcel with melted butter
- Cook in the oven until golden and crispy (about 15-20 minutes)
- Serve with your choice of veg!