Chilli and cheese loaded potato skins
I made these the other day to go with a mexican we were having, the beauty of them is they can be filled with whatever you like, you can use your favourite cheese, mushrooms, bacon or even left over chilli con carne
They are also really simple, all you need is:
4 medium or small potatoes (nice floury ones like maris piper are best)
1 ball of mozerella
2 tablespoons of discovery pickled red jalepenos
2 tablespoons of soured cream
small handfull of grated cheddar cheese
3 rashers of smokey bacon (cooked and chopped up)
1 small red onion (chopped)
Salt + Pepper
Then all you need to do is:
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees C,
- prick your potatoes with a knife and place in the microwave for 8 minutes
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and roast in the oven until crispy on the outside.
- Allow to cool for a bit then carefully scoop out the potato from the inside into a bow.
- Mix your chosen fillings with the potato and spoon back into the empty skins
- sprinkle over the grated cheddar
- roast until golden and crispy
- serve with chilli sauce!
Heres what they looked like