Jack Daniels Hot Pepper Sauce Burger
This is a really simple yet really tasty burger, and is a whole lot cheaper and yummy than the burgers at a certain chain that uses a lot of Jack Daniels Sauces, you can top it with what ever you want, you could even stuff it with a bit of cheese too.
The steak mince was from the butchers, it works much better than the normal pre packed mince beef and gives a better texture and doesn’t require any breadcrumbs or egg to bind it.
I shaped mine into ovals so that they fit in the buns better and topped with some extra mature cheddar, griddled gherkins and spicy salami.
The longer you can chill the burgers for the better, as it means they will hold together better when you cook them.
The Jack Daniels Hot Pepper steak sauce is Ltd Edition, has a nice peppery kick and is a touch spicier than the chilli one I used here, It’s a sweet but not too sweet and you can certainly taste whisky in it.
Makes 2 large burgers.
- 300g good quality steak mince
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 25g extra mature cheddar cheese, sliced
- 6 slices of pickled gherkin
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 6 slices of spicy salami or thin chorizo
- Jack Daniels Hot Pepper Sauce
- Olive oil
- Place the mince in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper then mush together with your hands until it starts to stick together nicely.
- Divide the mixture into two, shape into burgers, then make a dent in each one, place a good dollop of the Jack Daniels Hot Pepper Sauce in each dent, fold the mixture over to cover the hole.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for a few hours.
- Rub each burger with a little olive oil.
- Heat your griddle so it’s smoking hot, griddle the burgers for a few minutes on either side, until they are cooked to your liking, be careful when flipping them as you don’t want them to crumble.
- Just before your burgers are done, place the cheese on the top and allow to melt, griddle the salami and gherkins until warm.
- Toast your bread, spread with more of the steak sauce, place the salami on top
- Place the burgers in the buns, top with the gherkins and serve with salad.
- Be careful as the sauce inside will be very hot!