Cheeky Chilli Chicken Wings
After the amazing suicide wings at Hickory’s in Chester I thought I’d have a go at making some my self, I very nearly just coated them in the Smart Arse Sauce that The One Stop Hot Shop sent me, but decided that would be the easy and slightly lethal option.
The idea is you can just make them as hot as you want by adding more chilli either using powder, fresh chilli or chilli sauce, these had a nice tingle which I’m pretty sure came mainly from the dash of the Smart Arse Sauce that I ended up throwing in for good measure.
After demolishing a plate of the wings I reckon the sauce would work on almost any meat or fish and especially well on a roast chicken. They’d even work really well with a nice blue cheese dip.
I griddled them but they’d be even better done on the BBQ
- Packet of fresh chicken wings
- 2 Chillis – use which ever ones you want, play around with different ones to give different heat levels and flavours.
- 1 clove of garlic,crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1tsp of red wine vinegar
- splash of olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp honey
- dollop of your favourite chilli sauce (optional) as mentioned I used Smart Arse.
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Place all of the ingredients apart from the chicken in a bowl, mix well.
- Add the chicken and mix until all of the chicken is really well coated in the sauce.
- Place in the fridge for as long as possible.
- When ready to cook, heat your griddle, BBQ or grill up so it’s nice and hot, place the chicken on.
- Cook, until done, turning occasionally, depending on the size of your wings and how you’re cooking them. They shouldn’t take long and the meat should just fall off the bone.