Spicy Vegetable Soup
This is a great way to use up any vegetables you have left kicking around at the end of the week, it’s healthy, spicy and really tasty. You can even do it all in one pan and use a hand blender instead of a food processor that way there’s not much to wash up afterwards.
The trick is to chop the veg into small chunks so they cook evenly and quickly. You can even add some curry spices or things like cumin and coriander to add a bit of extra depth.
- 2 small /medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 leeks, peel and chopped
- 1/2 packet of green beans, chopped.
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Boiling water
- Olive oil
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large pan, fry the vegetables until soft
- Sprinkle over the herbs, chilli flakes and stock cube, stir
- Pour over some boiling water so that the vegetables are just covered.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes until everything is cooked and soft.
- Blend until smooth, you can add more water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.