Spicy Lamb Kebabs
Sorry about the lack of photos here, i did them for a family BBQ at the last minute. They are very tasty and have a distinct Indian flavour for a change!
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1tsp garmasala
- 1tsb chilli powder
- 2 red chillis(sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 800g lamb mince
- 1tsp coriander seed (crushed)
- 1tsp cumin seed (crushed)
- 2 red onions (sliced)
- 2 tsp mint sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- handful of breadcrumbs.
- olive oil
- BBQ skewers, soaked in water for an hour (stops them burning)
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan, fry the garlic, tomato puree and all of the herbs for a few seconds, add the sliced onions and fry until soft, set a side and allow to cool.
- Blend half of the lamb in a blender so that its quite smooth then transfer to a bowl, add the mint sauce, cooled onion mix, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and the other half of the lamb, mix well.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or as long as possible to allow to marinate
- Remove and shape into sausages, thread onto a kebab skewer and bbq until cooked through.
Serve with cucumber dip and chilli sauce.