Spicy hummus with crispy tortilla triangles
This one is a firm favourite for parties and get togethers, i’m not sure where i picked it up from but it makes a great alternative to shop bought stuff and is really quick and simple.
- 1 pack of your favourite corn or flour tortillas/wraps
- 1 425g tin of chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 2 chillis
- handful fresh coriander
- few cumin seeds crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- Heat your griddle pan up really hot and toast the tortillas until crispy (you can also bake them in the oven as that works but doesnt give you the smokey flavour)
- Leave the tortialls to cool then cut into triangles.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas then put in the blender with the chillis, garlic, salt, pepper, coriander and crushed cumin seeds, whizz until smooth ish, then add a little olive oil to thin.
- Chill until ready to use then spoon some of the humous onto the triangles and serve