Spicy Thai Beef Burgers
This also works really well with pork or chicken mince. Sorry about the lack of photo, if you make it and take a photo please send it in and i’ll put it up on here.
- 500g minced beef.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red chillis
- Ginger (grated)
- Lemon grass
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 3 Spring onions
- Chunk of Cucumber
- Put the garlic, chillis, lemon grass, lemon zest, lime zest, salt, pepper, basil,chives, corriander and ginger in a food processor and blend, then add the 3 or 4 spring onions and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the minced beef and blend until smooth (blend less if you prefer a rougher texture burger)
- Take a little bit of the mix out and fry it, taste, and adjust accordingly.
- then make into burgers shapes, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Then to make the dressing, mix the lime juice, honey, lemon juice and some chopped spring onions and grated cucumber, corriander and taste, you should have a slightly twangy/sweet sauce.
- Remove from the fridge an hour before cooking.
Now depending on how you want to cook them you can do the following:
- roll in seasoned breadcrumbs and fry the burgers
- roll in herbs and spices and fry the burgers
- BBQ the burgers
- Griddle them on a really hot cast iron griddle pan (how i did it)
Serve in a toasted bun with a few spoonfuls of the sauce and some salad.