Chilli, lemon and cracked black pepper crusted cod.
This was another one of my experimental meals just as we quite often have roast cod with lemon or in bread crumbs so i thought why not combine the two and add a little bit of chilli.
This serves two and takes about 10 mins to prepare and 15-20 mins to cook depending on the thickness of your fish.
I served it with some new potatoes, green beans, red pepper and red onion that i had roast in the oven with some olive oil and some oregano.
Ingredients[singlepic id=453 w=260 float=right]
- 2 pieces of cod loin, you could also use haddock or your favourite fish.
- 1 mug of breadcrumbs
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- black pepper
- 15g of butter
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- tablespoon of sugar
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees C
- If your fish has skin, remove it and any remaining bones, place the fish on an lightly greased baking tray.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and then add the lemon zest,chilli flakes and breadcrumbs, fry until they start to crisp up and remove from the heat. Season with the black pepper and some salt.
- Brush your fish with a little bit of the lemon juice
- Lightly press the breadcrumbs onto your fish.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until the topping is nice and crunchy, if you find your topping hasn’t gone crunchy you can crisp it up under a hot grill.
- Turn the oven off but leave the fish in it.
- Put the rest of the lemon juice in a pan along with the sugar and some more black pepper and head for a couple of minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is hot.
- Place the fish on your serving plate with your chosen side dish and drizzle with the hot lemon sauce.