Chilli Chicken with pineapple and mango salsa
This is a lovely light and flavoursome dish with added chilli zing. I can’t find my picture of it so if anyone makes it please could they take a picture and send it this way..
- 1 fresh mango (peeled and diced)
- Hand full of fresh pineapple (skinned and diced)
- Fresh mint
- Fresh coriander
- 3 spring onions (finely sliced)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Squirt of honey
- 1 chilli or some chilli flakes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes
- fresh ginger (grated)
- salt + pepper
- 1 tablespoon of creme fraiche
- knob of butter.
- olive oil.
- white rum or tequila (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix the mango, pineapple, chilli, spring onions, lime. mint, coriander and honey together in a bowl and add a splash of white rum. Set aside
- Microwave the sweet spuds for a few mins so they are part cooked then place in the oven until really soft on the inside.
- Flatten the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and rub with a little olive oil, cook on a hot griddle pan. place on a baking tray and place in oven to keep warm.
- Warm the salsa in a hot pan until the alcohol has cooked off and the salsa is nice and soft.
- Place the ginger in a bowl with the creme fraiche, butter and some salt and pepper, add the insides of the sweet spuds and mix well ,either eat or discard the skins.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and plate up, top with the salsa and serve with the sweet potato mash and veg.