Harissa Potatoes Recipe
I’m a massive fan of Harissa it’s got to be one of the tastiest and most flexible products going, I’ve used it in loads of recipes and blogged about it a couple of times before. This has to be one of the simplest ways to use it though.
We had them with some of Simon Rimmer’s falafel mix which is currently my favourite supermarket falafel mix.
- 4 or 5 new potatoes per person
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees C
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, simmer for 8-10 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Place on a baking tray and crush them with a fork. Try to leave some nice big chunks as well as a few smaller ones.
- Season with salt
- Mix the olive oil and harissa together then drizzle over the potatoes, toss the potatoes in the oil to make sure they are all covered.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes until the potatoes are nice and crispy, you may want to give them a toss after 10 minutes or so.