Chilli and sun dried tomato bread swirls
These make great great sandwich buns but also work reall well toasted like a bagel with a bit of cream cheese or butter on.[singlepic id=378 w=320 h=240 float=right]
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 10g dried yeast
- 300ml warm water
- 3 or 4 chillis
- 7 or 8 sun dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1tsp paprika
- handful of grated cheese (i like to use swiss cheese or monteray jack)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Add the yeast and sugar to the water, mix well and set aside for 10minutes
- Finely chop the chillis (you can de seed if you want), finely chop the sun dried tomatoes.
- Put the flour in a bowl season with salt and pepper, add the chopped chilli and tomatoes along with the paprika and cheese.
- Add the water/yeast mixture to the flour, mix well until you start to get a dough
- knead the dough for 5 minutes then cover with clingfilm or a damp tea towel and place somewhere warm for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Gently knock all of the air out of the dough, divide into 8 or 9 evenly sized balls, roll each into a sausage shape and flatten slightly then roll up to form a swirl.
- Cover again and place back in the warmth for an hour or until they have doubled in size. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees
- Brush the swirls with some of the oil from the tomatoes and bake for 15-20 mins, until golden and they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Leave to cool slightly then enjoy.