Ways of using excess chillis – Number 4 : Save the seeds
Saving the seeds from your chillis not only lets you grow them next year it also means you can use the chillis without adding too much heat to dishes.
I will post a full seed saving guide on the website as soon as i can but in the mean time the quickest way to do it is as follows:
- Gently scrape the seeds from your chosen chilli
- Remove as much of the white pith as possible.
- Place the seeds onto a piece of kitchen towel and then fold up securely or place another piece on top.
- Leave in a warm dry place until the seeds become snappable.
- Place in an air tight container and keep until next year.