Spicy Slow Roast Pork
I absolutely love slow roast pork, this is more for a Sunday roast type of roast pork but i’ve also got a great one for a goulash style recipe.
It takes ages to cook but that’s the beauty of it, it’s also really really cheap and very very tasty.
- 1.5kg piece of pork shoulder
- 1tsp Chilli flakes
- 1tsp Cayenne pepper (use less if you don’t like heat)
- Chilli and tomato jam as seen here
- Pre heat your oven to 230 degrees,
- Score the fat on the pork as this helps it puff up into lovely crispy crackling.
- Mix the pepper, salt, cayenne and chilli flakes together and rub all over the pork and fat, getting right into the scores.
- Place in roasting tray and roast for 40mins until the skin has started to turn to crisp up.
- Turn the oven down to 160, cover the pork with foil and roast for another 4 hours
- Baste the pork with the fat from the bottom of the tray then tip the rest into a jug.
- Leave the foil off and roast for another hour to and hour and a half until soft and pulls apart with a fork.
- Serve with all the trimmings and the chilli jam.
this also makes excellent hog roast sarnies, wraps and all sorts of other meals so not only is it cheap its multifunctional.