Spicy Crayfish Spaghetti
I love crayfish tails and can’t help buying them without thinking what i’m going to use them for and last night I found a packet in the fridge along wtih some veg and cream that needed using up, that resulted in this recipe being formed, it’s pretty delicious and if you replace the cream with some low fat cream or fat free yoghurt.
- 1 packet of peeled and cooked crayfish tails
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 100g dried spaghetti
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- spash of sherry
- Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Cook your pasta as per the instructions on the pack
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan, add the peppers, onion and mushrooms, fry until soft. Add a splash of sherry and cook for a further minute.
- Sprinkle the Paprika and chilli on the crayfish tales.
- Stir in the crayfish tails and tomatoes, followed by the cream.
- At the last minute add the parmesan, taste then season with salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of lemon juice if using
- Serve with the pasta