Reggae Reggae Chicken, Sweet Potato and ginger mash with spicy peas
already mentioned how much I love Reggae Reggae Sauce, but I’ve never actually posted any of the ways that I use it so here is the first, and possibly one of my favourite ways of serving Reggae Reggae Sauce.
You can easily substitute the chicken for pork fillet, it works an absolute treat, just adjust the cooking time slightly as you don’t want raw pork.
It also works best if you have a nice hot griddle pan, but if you don’t a nice heavy frying pan works quite well too, or if we get a summer it’s amazing on the BBQ.
Marinading time: 30mins – an hour
Cooking time 30mins
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of Reggae Reggae Sauce
- Garden Peas
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tsp dried mint
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter
- Lightly score your chicken breasts and marinade in a couple of tablespoons of Reggae Reggae Sauce for as long as you can.
- Peel and slice your sweet potato, place in a pan of cold water and boil until cooked.
- Heat the griddle pan up so it’s really hot and place the chicken on it. Turn and baste the chicken ever few minutes for around 15 mins, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Turn the pan off but leave the chicken on it to rest.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan and the chilli and mint, followed by the peas, fry until cooked through.
- Mash your sweet potato with another knob of butter, mix in the ginger and season with black pepper.
- Serve the chicken on top of the mash and with the peas….enjoy.