I found it on Leigh’s blog the other week, made it and thought it was awesome, made it again with a few tweaks, so I have decided put it on here too.
For those of you who haven’t seen Leigh’s blog you should check it out – it has some really awesome recipes on there (he likes his beer too)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Some Good Olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Teaspoon of honey
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Packet of fresh/raw king prawns (the grey ones)
- 1 block of feta cheese, cubed into roughly 8 or so cubes.
- Handful of green beans
- Make the sauce by frying the onions, beans and peppers in the Olive Oil and tomato puree until soft, Add the tomatoes, stir, add Balsamic Vinegar,Red wine vinegar, Tabasco, Garlic, honey, herbs and pepper and another couple of good glugs of Olive oil. Add bay leaves and simmer gently for anywhere from 15 mins to 30 mins.
- When sauce is to your liking, pour into large casserole or any other kind of baking dish. Place Prawns on top, with cubes of feta arranged throughout.
- Bake at about 180 degrees for about 15 to 20 mins. The feta will crumble slightly and brown, and the prawns will be cooked though.
Serve with Bread and rice for mopping up, and a couple of beers