Parsnip and Chilli Soup (Serves 6)
This recipe was kindly sent to me by @cragchris on twitter, I’ve not had chance to try it yet but i will be sure to give it a go (along with my own version…coming soon) once my parsnips are ready.
In the meantime her is the recipe, it sounds awesome and as if it would just as happily suit a posh dinner party as being taken out into the hills in your flask, if you make it please leave some feedback!
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium red chilli
- 700g parsnips peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, zest only
- 1.3 litres vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream
- . Heat the oil in a pan, then cook the onion and whole chilli for 5mins until softened.Add the parsnips and lime zest. Stir well and cook for 2mins.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-25mins. Remove chilli from the soup. split in half and remove the seeds and stalk.
- Liquidise the soup in a blender with the chilli until smooth.
- Return soup to clean pan, add 150ml cream, stir well, season to taste, then gently heat through.
- Alternatively, miss out step 4 and add a large spoonful of creme fraiche to each bowl when serving.