Minted Pea and Chilli Soup with Crumbled Feta
I made this as a bit of an experiment, I love peas with mint and chilli so thought I would try and combine them into a lovely spring/summer soup ready for my fresh pea harvest.
Cooking Time: 10mins
- 250g frozen peas (or fresh if you have them)
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Onion finely diced
- Either a handful of fresh mint or a tablespoon of dried mint
- 1 dry red chilli (crumbled) or 1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Big knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 block of feta cheese, crumbled
- Fry the onions and garlic in a the butter until soft and translucent, try not to colour them.
- Add the mint and the chilli and fry for 30 seconds
- Add the Peas and fry for a couple of minutes before adding the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5minutes
- Add the mixture to a blender, whizz until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the feta crumbled over the top.
You can also use the recipe, minus the stock and feta to make a great side dish for with meat, fish or chicken. Just fry the peas until cooked then crush lightly with a fork.