Crispy Chilli Tortilla chicken with spicy wedges
I had a few things lying around including some of the chillis i had picked last week. So i went all masterchef mystery bag and came up with this. I’d usually use breadcrumbs to coat a chicken Kiev but we recently had some veggie burgers that were coated in crushed tortilla crisps so thought id use that idea. While i was making it i thought a splash of tequila might also be a good idea but we have ran out so i had to give it a miss…if you try it with tequila please let me know.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 2 or 3 red chillis, depending on how hot you like it
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 olives
- cheddar cheese (monteray jack, mozerella or something like would work)
- lime juice
- small bunch coriander (chopped)
- 1 handful of tortilla chips
- 2 Maris piper potatoes
- sprinkling of paprika
- chilli powder or flakes
Then serve with spicy potato wedges
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges, place on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, coat in paprika and chilli powder and place in the oven.
- Chop the chillis,olives, onion and tomato and fry with the garlic and coriander until soft.
- Add the lime and tequila
- Flatten the chicken breasts, season and drizzle with olive oil, fry until browned on both sides
- Transfer chicken to a baking tray, top with the chilli/tomato mix followed by the crushed tortillas and finally some cheese
- Bake in the oven for 20-30mins until both the chicken and the wedges are golden and crispy.