Cod with Spicy Pesto and Parma Ham
This is an adapt ion of a Jamie Oliver recipe that I spiced up a little, you can also use jarred red or green pesto if you are after an even quicker fix and just add some dried chilli or chilli flakes.
- 1 x 400g cod loin fillet (skinned and boned)
- 1 pack of parma ham
for the pesto if you want to make your own:
- half a jar of sun dried tomatoes (drained but keep the oil)
- 2 tablespoons of parmesan
- Small bunch of basil
- 1 fresh or dried chilli
- 1 tsp tabasco
- pinch of oregano
- salt and pepper
- If making your own pesto put all of the ingredients in a blender and whizz up, slowly adding the oil you reserved from the tomatoes until you get a nice spreadable consistency.
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees
- Form a “sheet” of ham by slightly overlapping each slice of ham.
- Spread the pesto down the middle of the ham
- Place the cod on to the pesto and wrap the ham around the cod.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven until the ham is crispy.
- Plate up the cod, drizzle with the juices from the baking tray, you can also mix the juices with a little extra pesto if needed.
- Serve with Veg and potatoes of your choice.
Sorry about the poor pic, I have a better one which I will upload later