Spicy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I made this a few weeks ago and it went down really well, I served them with some cod fillet rolled in Indian spices.
It serves 2 but can easily be up-scaled, you can also speed up cooking time by microwaving the spuds.
- 1 big sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 60ml of cider
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light cream cheese
- black pepper
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger
- 60g of frozen peas.
- Bake the potato in the oven at 170 degrees until it’s soft and cooked through while the potato is cooking:
- Put the onion and the cider in a pan and bring to the boil, add the peas followed by spices, chilli, garlic and ginger, cook until the peas are ready. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- When the potatoes are ready, cut in half and carefully scoop out the potato, leaving the skin intact, put the potato into the pan with the pea mixture, add the cream cheese and mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- put the mixture back into the empty skins, place on a baking tray and bake until cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of meat or fish.