Chilli, Smoked Paprika and maple pork chops
I have done this a few times now and the result was fantastic and gives a lovely sweet smokey flavour with a little hint of fire. You can add
Preperation Time: 5 minutes plus marinading time (as long as possible)
Cooking Time: 15/20 mins (or less on a bbq or griddle pan)
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 and 1/2 heaped teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (can also use powder)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- squeeze of lemon juice.
- salt and pepper
- Veg to serve with.
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees c
- Mix the maple syrup, paprika and chilli together then add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste,
- Score the fat on the pork to stop it curling when you cook it.
- Add pork and leave to marinade for a few hours (if you havent got time just leave it for a few minutes)
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan and fry the pork for a couple of minutes on each side, then hold the pork with a pair of tongs and press the fat into the pan, this helps it get nice and crispy.
- Place the pork on a tray, cover with the remaining marinade and roast in the oven for 15/20 minutes
- Serve with veg of your choice!
PS the pic above was taken on the bbq with some home grown sweet peppers, it was even tastier than when done in the oven.