Spicy tomato and cheese topped cod
This recipe is really simple and full of flavour, you can spice it up more by adding a different type of chilli sauce or using some chilli flakes or fresh chilli in the mix.
It serves two and is best served with home made wedges/chips and vegetables.
- 2 Cod or haddock fillets
- 2 tsp low fat cream cheese with herbs
- 6 tbsp chopped tomatoes (tinned/carton)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Olive oil
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees c
- Place some grease proof paper on a baking sheet.
- Rub a little olive oil over the fish and place on the baking sheet.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tomatoes over the fish then sprinkle on the oregano.
- Add a few dashes of Tabasco
- Place a spoon full of the cream cheese on each fillet
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese
- Top with the breadcrumbs
- Bake in the oven for 12-15minutes depending on the size of your fish