Spicy Sausage Pasta Recipe
This is a recipe from Nigel Slater’s Real Cooking, I love it, it’s simple and really tasty although I like to add some sliced onion and mushrooms along with a few sliced peppers along with using the lower fat double cream.
I do have a photo somewhere but can’t find it so will have to make it again soon and take a photo!
Ingredients to serve 2
- 4 spicy sausages
- 4 handfuls of dried pasta
- a glass of white wine
- dried chilli flakes (a pinch or two)
- small handful of chopped basil
- tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 200ml double cream
- Put a large pan of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Split the sausages open and remove the filling, discard the skins.
- Warm a little olive oil in a frying pan, crumble in the sausage, fry till cooked through (if using the veg I mentioned above add them here)
- Add the pasta to the pan of boiling water along with a little bit of salt,
- Pour the wine into the sausage pan and let it bubble, scrape the sausage goo stuck to the bottom of the pan as it’s full of flavour.
- Stir in the chilli and chopped basil
- Add a little salt and the mustard, followed by the cream, bring to a simmer and cook for a minute or two, stirring now and again.
- When the paster is done drain and tip into the sauce, mix well and serve.