Chilli, Red Pepper and Feta Haddock Recipe
I’ve been cooking fish more and more lately and the Chilli and Lemon Cod Loin recipe and other fish recipes on here and the Haddock recipe on my other blog both seem really popular so I thought it was about time I posted another one.
This one serves two and is really easy to make, I bought a sweet pointed pepper, sliced it in two and griddled it until it was nice and charred on both sides, I then let it cool and sliced it up, you can just as easily use a jar of roasted peppers,I also griddled a green chilli in the same way, sliced that up and used that. It was served with some new potatoes and steamed vegetables too.
- 2 x 15og pieces haddock loin
- 100g feta cheese, finely grated or crumbled.
- 1 sweet red point pepper, griddled until charred and then sliced.
- 1 green chilli, de seeded, halved and griddled until charred, then finely chopped.
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped.
- 2 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped.
- Olive oil
- Pre heat your oven to 190 degrees C.
- Place the fish in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle the paprika and chilli powder over the top, rub into the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the breadcrumbs, garlic and herbs to a bowl and mix well, season with a little salt and pepper, add a tsp or so of olive oil and mix well.
- Top the fish with the sliced chilli and red pepper
- Crumble the feta across the top
- Top with the breadcrumbs
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the fish is cooked and the bread crumbs are crispy, this will depend on the thickness of your fish.