Chilli Chicken and Mushroom Saag
I made this a few weeks ago, it was really quick and really tasty. It serves too but can easily be scaled up for more, you can add more heat by using more chilli if you like. It might also be quite nice with a squeeze of lemon juice in.
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- handful of chestnut mushrooms, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder.
- small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1ooml chicken stock
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped.
- 1/2 bag of washed spinach
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- Olive oil
- Rice + Chappati or Naan to serve with.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until it’s soft,
- Add the spices (apart from the fresh coriander) and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the spinach and chicken stock, simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Tip the contents of the pan into a blender, blend.
- Fry the chicken in a little more oil for 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and fry until cooked.
- Add the contents of the blender to the pan and cook until the sauce has warmed up again. Just before serving add the fresh coriander and stir.
- Serve with rice and choice of bread.