Chilli and Lemon Cod Loin
This was another one of my experimental meals, I made it for 1 as I had made salmon for Emily and I can’t stand the stuff so treated my self to a nice piece of cod loin.
As with all my recipes you can change the amount of chilli you use depending on how firey you like it.
It takes about 5 mins to prepare and 20-30 mins to cook depending on how well done you like your cod.
- 1 piece of cod loin
- 1 lemon
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 fresh chilli
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Slice the lemon and lay on a large sheet of foil
- Season the cod with salt and pepper, sprinkle the cayenne pepper, chilli flakes and paprika on making sure you get some on all sides of the cod. Slice the chilli in half length ways and place on the top of the cod.
- Place the cod on top of the lemon, make a parcel around the cod but leave one end open.
- Tip the wine into the parcel and seal up.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 20-30 mins depending on how thick your cod is and how well done you like it.
- Remove the cod from the foil, making sure you are careful as the steam inside is very hot.
- Serve with veg and potatoes.