Chilli Con Carne Filo Parcels
If like me you always make too much Chilli Con Carne then you will no doubt end up having to freeze it or eat it the next day in a huge Yorkshire pud or on a jacket spud.
Well here is one way to use the left overs, it’s great for parties too…..i can’t find the pic so if anyone makes them before i have time to given them another go then please send me it.
- left over chilli con carne
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- melted butter
- guacamole (optional)
- soured cream (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Take a sheet of filo out of the packet, brush with melted butter, cut into 6 pieces.
- Take one of the pieces and place in a muffin tin, then take another piece and place in the opposite direction in the same muffin section, repeat until you have filled your muffin tray. the should end up looking a bit like this (sorry that’s the closest thing i could find)
- Fill each cup with chilli con carne and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake in a hot oven for 15-20mins or until golden and crispy
- Remove from muffin tray, add a spoon of guacamole or soured cream and some Tabasco to each and serve.
You could also make little mini pasties or fold them over into won-ton shapes like this