Chilli Coconut Panko Prawns
These are really simple but really tasty, you can easily modify them by adding some lime zest or using sweet chilli sauce instead of beaten egg, I’ve even done a version with toasted coconut flakes and fresh chilli. I also did a version of these with added chilli and breadcrumbs in the batter for extra crunch
- 1 packet of raw, peeled, king prawns
- Panko Breadcrumbs (Morrisons now sell them in nice big bags)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes.
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- De vein your prawns if needed.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the coconut and chilli.
- Dip the prawns in the flour, followed by the egg then the breadcrubs, repeat if the breadcrumbs don’t stick so well.
- Deep fry until crips and golden.