Chilli chocolate melt in the middle fondant recipe
This is one of my favourite all year round pudding recipes, it’s an adaptation of a Gordon Ramsay Recipe and is pretty much foolproof.
I’ve even tried mixing cherries into the batter which works really nicely, as does adding a splash of booze.
A lot depends on your oven, the recipe says 12 minutes but I find they take 14 in mine.
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped into chunks
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 50g good quality chilli chocolate
- 1 free range egg
- 1 free range egg yolk
- 60g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees c, butter two large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust well with the cocoa powder.
- Break the chocolate into chunks and slowly melt together with the butter it in a bowl over a pan of hot water, take off the heat and stir until smooth, leave to cool for 10 minutes
- using an electric whisk, whisky the whole egg, egg yolk, sugar and chilli powder together until pale and thick. Then mix in the chocolate.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in using a metal spoon.
- Divide between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate and serve with a dollop of ice cream.