Spicy Monkfish Kebabs
I made these a couple of nights ago as a spur of the moment thing when I managed to get some monkfish. Sorry about the lack of picture but I will take one next time I make it.
It serves 2, so just buy a piece of fish that’s the size you want depending on your appetite, the addition of some lemon grass might also be quite nice but I didn’t have any.
It can be cooked on the bbq, under the grill or on a griddle pan, I think BBQ would work best but it was raining so I used the grill.
- Monkfish tail
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- juice and zest of 1 lime,
- 4 kaffir lime leaves crushed
- 2cm piece of fresh root ginger,
- 1 red chilli or 1/2 tsp chilli flakes,
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- BBQ Skewers
- Rice and veg to serve with.
- Chop the monkfish into nice big chunks, place in a bowl and then add the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemon and lime juice and zest, lime leaves, salt, pepper and coconut milk.
- Leave to marinate for as long as you have got.
- Thread the fish onto the skewers, I used 2 skewers per kebab as it stops the fish spinning round when you turn it.
- Baste with some of the left over marinade and cook for 8-10mins depending on heat and size of fish, turn regularly and baste as often as you like.