Spicy Prawn Curry Recipe
This is a beefed up version of the curry I used in some prawn puri that I made a few weeks ago, while the puri were a huge success the curry was without doubt the star of the show so here’s the recipe, I will post the bread recipe at some point too.
- 1 Packet of raw king prawns, butterflied
- 1 green pepper, sliced.
- 1 onion sliced.
- few chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 large tomatoes, de seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed,
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated,
- 1 red chilli, de seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, de seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 3 tsp chilli powder.
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 handful of corriander leaves, chopped.
- olive or vegetable oil.
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- Rice to serve
- Coat the prawns in Turmeric and set aside.
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds, when they start to pop, add the chillis, mushroom, pepper and onion, fry until soft.
- Add the Garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Add the rest of the spiced and cook for a few minutes, add the tomatoes and cook until soft,
- Add the coconut milk and stir through, cook for 5-10 mins or until the sauce has thickened
- Add the prawns to the pan and stir well, cover with a lid and cook until the prawns are pink, don’t over do it as you don’t want to turn them into rubber bullets.
- I know some people like their curry a little bit sweeter so if that’s you add the sugar and stir through.
- At the last minute stir in some coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice and a squirt of lime juice.