Cheats Tomato pasta with a Twist of chilli
When I spotted the Heinz cream of tomato soup with a twist of chilli I had to buy it. When I was tipping some of the soup into a pan I noticed a recipe on the back of the tin, so I kept half of the soup and decided to give the recipe a go, of course I couldn’t resist adding a few more ingredients.
- 1/2 tin Heinz cream of Tomato soup with a hint of chilli
- 100g of dried pasta
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow, sliced
- 3 slices smoked bacon, chopped
- 5 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced,
- Parmesan, grated
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Place a pan of water on the stove and cook your pasta according to the instructions.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil then add the bacon, fry until crispy.
- Add the vegetables followed by the chilli flakes and oregano, fry until vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Tip in the soup and a splash of cooking water from the pasta.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce.
- Season with Pepper and serve with a topping of parmesan.