Chilli Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake
I came across chocolate mug cake a while back, not sure where or when but it seems to be a bit of a phenomenon, and as usual i decided to spice it up with a hint of chilli….you can of course leave it out if you want and just have a chocolate mug cake but where would the fun be in that?
the time it takes to cook depends on your microwave so its worth experimenting, ours is 800W and it took 3 mins 10 seconds to cook.
- 4 tbs / 45 g self raising flour
- 4 tbs / 55g caster sugar
- 2 tbs / 17g cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs / 43 ml milk
- 3 tbs / 25 ml sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- A small dash of vanilla extract
- big pinch of dried chilli – you could use chilli powder or replace the choc chips with chilli chocolate, you could also use more or less chilli depending on your tastebuds.
- Add dry ingredients (including chilli) to a large coffee mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly
- Add the milk and oil – mix well (don’t forget the corners / edges of the mug).
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (in a 800 watt microwave).
- The cake will rise above the top of the mug, but don’t worry it’s supposed to!
- Allow to cool a little, tip out onto a plate.
EAT and enjoy – this can serve two – it’s a huge portion for one!