Chilli and cheese straws
This is really quick and simple but oh so tasty, the plate in the pic dissapeared within seconds! (Sorry about the rubbish pic, if anyone wants to make them and send me a better pic, then feel free.)
I borrowed the recipe from the Hairy Bikers and added some heat!!
- 500g of ready rolled puff pastry
- 200g your favourite cheese
- 2 teaspoons Chilli flakes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Roll out pastry til very thin, cover one half with cheese and chilli flakes, fold over to make a sandwich then roll out, keep rolling and folding over about 3 times, cut into long strips between 15cm and 50cm (it says one is for big hairy biker types and the other is for for daintier types)
- Twist like barley sugar
- Place on greased tray brush with egg and scatter with poppy seeds, bake for 15-20 mins on a high shelf in the oven